Have you been asking about the University Of Port-Harcourt? Is UNIPORT A Good School? How Good Is UNIPORT?
What is the meaning of UNIPORT? Is the University Of Port-Harcourt STATE or FEDERAL University?
Where Is UNIPORT located? or the University Of Port-Harcourt’s Address? What is the website of the University Of Port-Harcourt?
Search no more, this page covers everything you need to know about the University Of Port-Harcourt Campus and all the basic things To Know About UNIPORT before applying for admission.
It will be of tremendous importance to know that choosing the right school for yourself can make all the difference in the success of your academic career.
The good news is that there are many options in education beyond the public school down the street today.
The bad news is that the abundance of options often leaves you in a quandary over how to choose the best environment for yourself.
It is important to know what to look for in a school to ensure you receive the best possible education for your specific needs.
In some cases, that might indeed be the public school down the street, while other children may need a different environment to facilitate their learning process most effectively.
It’s for this reason we publish this article so as for you to make the best decision for yourself.
Before we start, take a quick look at “Guide On Choice Of Institution”
Without wasting too much of your time let’s quickly look at few things about UNIPORT.
Table Of Contents
About University Of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
The University Of Port-Harcourt is a federal university located in Choba, East-West Rd, Port Harcourt.
UNIPORT was established in 1977.
The University Of Port-Harcourt admits students from different parts of Nigeria irrespective of race, cultural, and religious background with a very large student and staff population.
When you go to the UNIPORT campus, it can feel intimidating.
It’s like going to Times Square for the first time.
The history and tradition of UNIPORT can be overwhelming.
But, eventually, it becomes your home.
UNIPORT offers Undergraduate and Postgraduates courses.
UNIPORT offers degree programs in different areas such as; Sciences, Social Sciences, Management, etc.
The institution also provides accommodation for newly admitted students and returning students.
UNIPORT school fees are also quite affordable like most federal universities and it is not up to Seventy Thousand Naira (70,000).
The University Of Port-Harcourt no doubt is VERY COMPETITIVE in nature.
The university originally had six schools in 1977:
- School of Humanities
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Educational Studies
- School of Science Laboratory Technology (SSLT)
It changed from a school system to a faculty system in 1982. The university now has twelve faculties:
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- College of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Law
Is University Of Port Harcourt A State Or Federal University?
The University Of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) is one of the best Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Is UNIPORT A Good School?
Of course, like I earlier said, the University Of Port-Harcourt is one of the best Universities in Nigeria.
UNIPORT thrives in an environment that fosters competitiveness, unrestrained scientific inquiry, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity.
This is also the reason why UNIPORT is competitive.
What Is The Website Of University Of Port Harcourt?
Here is the official Link to UNIPORT Website.
Go to uniport.edu.ng
The above are the few basic things you need to know about UNIPORT before applying.
Take a look at few recommended links below to learn more about the UNIPORT Admission process and how to get into UNIPORT without much stress.
- How To Gain Admission Into UNIPORT
- UNIPORT Cut Off Mark For 2021/2022
- Courses Offered In UNIPORT (Full list)
- What Are The Requirements To Enter A University?
- JAMB Subject Combination For All Courses
- About University Of Calabar (UNICAL)
- UNIPORT Post UTME Form 2021/2022 (Screening)
- UNIPORT Less Competitive Courses
- How To Gain Admission With Low JAMB Score 2021
- Does UNIPORT Accept Two Sittings For Admission?
- How To Pass JAMB
- After Gaining Admission What Next?
- How Can I Get Free Scholarships In Nigeria?
- Best Polytechnics in Nigeria
- Best Federal Universities in Nigeria
- How To Check School Admission Status
- UNIPORT Admission Requirements For UTME/DE