ave you been asking about an Inter-university transfer? Can I Transfer From One University To Another University in Nigeria? Can You Transfer From A University To Another University? What Is The Meaning Of Inter-University Transfer?
How To Transfer From University To University? How To Transfer To A University? Requirements to transfer to another University in Nigeria, How To Apply For University Transfer?.
Have you been searching for the University of Calabar, UNICAL Inter-University Transfer? UNIABUJA Inter-University Transfer, UNIBEN, OAU, UNIZIK inter-university transfer?.
UI inter-university transfer, UNIABUJA inter-university transfer, UNICAL inter-university transfer, LASU, FUTA inter-university transfer form etc?
If YES, I wish to categorically state that you are on the right page. I will be providing answers to all the above questions and also how you can apply for a transfer from your current University to another and lastly the cost for inter-University transfer form in Nigeria.
The truth is that almost all state, private and federal Universities accept inter-university transfer.
You may have been asking;
Table Of Contents
- 1 Does UNICAL Accept Inter-University Transfer?
- 2 What Is The Meaning Of Inter-University Transfer?
- 3 Can I Transfer From Polytechnic To University?
- 4 Can I Transfer From One University To Another University?
- 5 Reason For Inter-University Transfer?
- 6 Requirements To Transfer To Another University in Nigeria
- 7 How To Apply For University Transfer in Nigeria.
- 8 How Much Is JAMB Inter-University Transfer Form?
- 9 RELATED POSTS:
- 10 Subscibe To Free Newsletter
Does UNICAL Accept Inter-University Transfer?
Yes, the University of Calabar, UNN, UNLORIN, UNILAG, LASU, OAU, UI among others accept movement from one University to another.
Well, Inter-university transfer admission is not that common but universities offer that as well. So, what’s this about?
Before we start let’s look at what this inter-university transfer is all about and who it’s meant for. keep reading friend!
What Is The Meaning Of Inter-University Transfer?
The inter-University transfer is the admission exercise that allows an undergraduate student of a university to move from his or her current university to another.
An inter-University transfer allows candidates to move from one Institution to another within Nigeria.
For example, a candidate gained admission into the University of Calabar (UNICAL) and later obtain an Inter-University transfer form and move to the University Of Lagos (UNILAG)
There Are Two Types Of Inter-University Transfer In Nigeria
- Inter-University Transfer (Local within Nigeria).
- Inter-University Transfer (From Foreign Universities).
Having known what Inter-University Transfer is and the types let’s now look at the possibility of moving from one University to another after gaining admission.
But before then, let’s see if it’s possible to move from polytechnic to Federal, state, or private universities in Nigeria.
Can I Transfer From Polytechnic To University?
You can not transfer from a polytechnic or college of education in Nigeria to State, Private, or Federal University in Nigeria.
It’s quite impossible!
This means that you can’t transfer from a polytechnic or college of education to any university in Nigeria.
Likewise, you can’t do transfer within polytechnics or colleges of education.
The only possible way to move from a polytechnic to University in Nigeria is through DIRECT ENTRY. See Requirements for Direct Entry Application For All Schools.
Also, note that the option open to ND or NCE holders, and the admission is through JAMB Direct Entry.
Can I Transfer From One University To Another University?
The Answer is YES!
You can transfer from one University to another under certain conditions and there are some requirements you must meet which we are going to discuss below.
Reason For Inter-University Transfer?
A student may want to consider another institution in Nigeria, transfer, or move to another University if his or her parents relocate and they deem it fit to move together.
Secondly, a student wishes to move to a university with a better academic standard among others.
Now that we know what inter-university transfer is all about and the reason why students consider inter-university transfer let’s now look at the basic requirements and how to apply.
However, It’s of tremendous importance to note that this admission arrangement is between the two involved universities.
Hence, JAMB is not directly concerned with admission by transfer.
Furthermore, It must be noted that All Universities in Nigeria have different requirements for Inter-university transfer.
Requirements To Transfer To Another University in Nigeria
Here are the Requirements for Inter-University transfer in Nigeria.
- You must present your results showing your current CGPA.
- You must have obtained a CGPA of not less than 2.00.
- You must possess the pre-requisite ORDINARY/ADVANCED level subjects for admission into the intended program.
- You must have successfully completed a minimum of 200 Level.
- You must be willing to retain your former course as well the same level after the completion of the transfer process though in some Universities it’s not so.
- You must have successfully completed 200L at the time of application for the inter-university transfer.
- You must have a good moral standing of your present institution.
- You must be academically sound.
- Although this does not translate to mean that a lower CGPA might not be accepted just that have a very good academic record will boost your chances of being considered even more.
Now that you know the Meaning Of Inter-University Transfer, the possibility of moving from one University to another, the Reason why you want to transfer to another varsity.
And also, the requirements to transfer from your present University to another, let’s say moving from Federal University to State University, it’s quite possible.
Let’s look at the application procedure or steps to apply for inter-university transfer.
How To Apply For University Transfer in Nigeria.
- Make Sure You Meet The Entry Requirements Of The Recipient University.
- Meet With Your University Admission Officer.
- Consult With The Recipient University Admission Office/officer
- Finally, Obtain The Transfer Inter-University Form And Appy.
Before we look into the points above, let’s get to know how much is the form.
How Much Is JAMB Inter-University Transfer Form?
This service allows candidates to move from one Institution to another within Nigeria and it’s Five Thousand Naira Only (₦5,000).
Having known the price let’s look at the application procedures.
a) Make Sure You Meet The Entry Requirements Of The Recipient University.
Before obtaining an inter-university transfer form or applying for an inter-university transfer make sure you make a series of consultations to be sure you are on the right track before applying else you will end up wasting your time.
b) Meet With Your University Admission Officer.
Once you know that you are ready to transfer to another University the first thing to do is to meet with your school admission officer, dean of faculty, or registrar – whoever is in charge to guide you and to know if they are ready to transfer you.
Once they are ready to give approval, your complete result will be made available and as well as the transcript.
Reason being that Some faculties have strict policies as to release their best students to another school.
They will as well let you know what you have to do before requesting for inter-university transfer.
This is important because you’ll need them to process and send your transcript.
c) Consult With The Recipient University Admission Office/officer.
It’s assumed that you have first met the recipient’s inter-university requirements before making a move for consultations.
This is necessary because the university may have some internal arrangements you can’t read anywhere on the school website.
Doing some findings online may help but that won’t replace your physical presence and inquiries so you can hear from the horse’s mouth.
In case you can’t make it to the campus for inquiries, you can seek the help of a proxy – someone who can do the findings to your satisfaction.
d) Finally, Obtain The Transfer Inter-University Form And Appy.
Once you know that you meet the entry requirements of the university you wish to transfer to and you are done with the consultation.
The next step is to wait for the recipient University to make the form available for public consumption, if you are to also register on the JAMB portal after obtaining the Inter-University transfer form from the recipient school it will be stated.
Also, note that sales of the Inter-university admission form and processing in the case of transfer are handled by the recipient university.
Some of these universities in Nigeria may require that you pay for, download, fill, scan and send to a specific email e.g While Some varsity may ask applicants to fill an online form and make a payment on the university portal. It all varies. Example of an inter-university transfer form.
- Can I Change My Course After Gaining Admission?
- Does UNICAL Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry?
- How To Check Direct Entry Admission Status
- What Are The Requirements To Enter A University?
- Why Private Universities Are Better Than Public In Nigeria
- UNICAL Post UTME Form 2021/2022 (Screening Form)
- JAMB Mock Exam 2022 (Things To Know)
- JAMB Subject Combination For All Courses (PDF)